2021 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
Portland drivers who ask how much can a RAM 2500 tow might be surprised at just how capable the RAM 2500 is. When equipped with a Cummins® turbo diesel engine the RAM 2500 towing capacity reaches an astounding 19,680 pounds! This is just one reason why RAM trucks are repeatedly recognized by publications like Motortrend for being among the strongest on the road today. Take a closer look at both RAM 2500 engines’ towing capacity and specs, and the great features that will enhance your Beaverton towing experience. Then shop the RAM 2500 inventory at Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to find the right truck for you.
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
Your RAM 2500 towing capacity is rooted in a selection of two powerful engines. Here’s how they compare to each other:
6.4L HEMI® V8 engine (standard)
- Best-in-class 410 hp
- 429 lb-ft of torque
- 17,540 pound towing capacity
- 4,010 pound max payload capacity
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine
- 370 hp
- 850 lb-ft of torque
- 19,680 pound towing capacity
- 3,160 pound payload capacity
RAM 2500 Towing Features
The breathtaking RAM 2500 towing capacity on its own will get a lot of work done in Hillsboro, but RAM goes further with some of the most innovative towing features to enhance the towing experience. They include:
- Available power-fold tow mirrors with available 360 Surround View Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance View makes it easy to hitch your trailer and keep an eye on it while you drive the roads around Vancouver.
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring system gives live pressure readings for up to 12 tires.
- Class-Exclusive available Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension with Bed Lowering Mode to make trailer hookup a breeze.
- Integrated Towing Hardware includes rear-axle structural crossmember and integrated mounting hardware for the available Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package.
- 12,000-pound ratedWarn® Zeon-12 Winch allowsyou to be confident that it won’t kink or fray despite being lightweight.
- Enjoy a smooth, safer ride thanks to Bilstein® gas-charged monotube shocks.
- Send equal torque to every wheel with front and rear locking differentials.
- Exclusive to the Power Wagon® you’ll find an electronically disconnecting Front Sway Bar.
Experience the RAM 2500 at Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
It’s one thing to see the numbers, and another entirely to drive the RAM 2500 and feel its power. Contact Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to arrange a test drive of the RAM 2500 equipped with either engine choice. Apply for financing to get a great truck loan rate and save time when you visit the dealership.
More from Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Just like its name suggests, the 2021 Jeep Gladiator is rugged and ready for any challenges that may come its way. Hillsboro drivers and Jeepers alike are excited that the all-new off-road-ready Jeep Gladiator is Trail Rated®. Do you think that the Jeep Gladiator towing capacity would be less than the best? Let’s explore the…
If you’re in the market for an SUV that can handle your daily drives and wild, weekend adventures, the new Jeep Cherokee is just what you need! This Cherokee blends ruggedness, sophistication, and practicality, resulting in an SUV that can fit your varying lifestyle needs. For the 2021 model year, there are nine Jeep…
How much can the Grand Cherokee tow when you hit the road from Portland on vacation? With the ability to tow up to 7,200 pounds, the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity can handle whatever outdoor adventure you want with the gear you need. Coupled with the legendary Jeep 4×4 capabilities, the Jeep Grand…