2021 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
Portland drivers who ask how much can a RAM 2500 tow might be surprised at just how capable the RAM 2500 is. When equipped with a Cummins® turbo diesel engine the RAM 2500 towing capacity reaches an astounding 19,680 pounds! This is just one reason why RAM trucks are repeatedly recognized by publications like Motortrend for being among the strongest on the road today. Take a closer look at both RAM 2500 engines’ towing capacity and specs, and the great features that will enhance your Beaverton towing experience. Then shop the RAM 2500 inventory at Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to find the right truck for you.
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
Your RAM 2500 towing capacity is rooted in a selection of two powerful engines. Here’s how they compare to each other:
6.4L HEMI® V8 engine (standard)
- Best-in-class 410 hp
- 429 lb-ft of torque
- 17,540 pound towing capacity
- 4,010 pound max payload capacity
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine
- 370 hp
- 850 lb-ft of torque
- 19,680 pound towing capacity
- 3,160 pound payload capacity
RAM 2500 Towing Features
The breathtaking RAM 2500 towing capacity on its own will get a lot of work done in Hillsboro, but RAM goes further with some of the most innovative towing features to enhance the towing experience. They include:
- Available power-fold tow mirrors with available 360 Surround View Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance View makes it easy to hitch your trailer and keep an eye on it while you drive the roads around Vancouver.
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring system gives live pressure readings for up to 12 tires.
- Class-Exclusive available Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension with Bed Lowering Mode to make trailer hookup a breeze.
- Integrated Towing Hardware includes rear-axle structural crossmember and integrated mounting hardware for the available Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package.
- 12,000-pound ratedWarn® Zeon-12 Winch allowsyou to be confident that it won’t kink or fray despite being lightweight.
- Enjoy a smooth, safer ride thanks to Bilstein® gas-charged monotube shocks.
- Send equal torque to every wheel with front and rear locking differentials.
- Exclusive to the Power Wagon® you’ll find an electronically disconnecting Front Sway Bar.
Experience the RAM 2500 at Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
It’s one thing to see the numbers, and another entirely to drive the RAM 2500 and feel its power. Contact Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to arrange a test drive of the RAM 2500 equipped with either engine choice. Apply for financing to get a great truck loan rate and save time when you visit the dealership.
More from Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
When you’re shopping for a heavy-duty truck in the Portland area, the 2021 RAM 3500 towing capacity will definitely get your attention. How much can a RAM 3500 tow? With a maximum RAM 3500 towing capacity of 22,670 pounds when properly equipped, you’ll have plenty of power to tow boats, trailers, and work gear without…
Portland drivers who ask how much can a RAM 2500 tow might be surprised at just how capable the RAM 2500 is. When equipped with a Cummins® turbo diesel engine the RAM 2500 towing capacity reaches an astounding 19,680 pounds! This is just one reason why RAM trucks are repeatedly recognized by publications like Motortrend…
The new RAM 1500 is now at Dick Hannah Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, and Vancouver drivers often ask us one question first: how much can a RAM 1500 tow? If you equip your RAM 1500 with the 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine, you can get up to 12,750 pounds of towing on the RAM 1500! Find out more about RAM 1500 engines and…